Thursday, May 29, 2008

On Airsoft Games


" Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from an indomitable will" - Mahatma Gandhi
I never thought I would learn to love Airsoft games. I never thought that it would be one of the many reasons that would make me get up on a Saturday morning aside from Miggy's wet kisses or Amira's wet sheets. I never really stayed on a sports long enough to like it, but now I can tell that this new hobby is something that I'll enjoy for a long time. I am not a very athletic person. I am asthmatic. I move according to my pace and my time. But one thing I discovered, as long as I'm into something, and I enjoy and love what I'm doing, I can run as fast as I can, I can endure pain, I can overcome claustrophobia (at least, from wearing a full-faced mask) and I can learn how to move around a man's world.
Before, when Omar, my husband, used to play Airsoft three years ago, I resent it so much since I felt that Amira and I have to share his time with the game. I felt that the game is stealing his time with us. Now, looking back, i realized that we as persons have to set some time to discover ourselves as individuals, to learn new things, learn what we could be, what we could like and love so we could share a part of ourselves to people we love. I realized that there are certain times in our lives where we need to explore and find out what else is there that the world can offer, for us to offer more of ourselves to our loved ones. So if there's anything that you want to try, or would like to do, something adventurous, or maybe something you're just not used to doing---just about anything, and you felt that you're enjoying it, hold on to it, move on with it. As long as it makes you happy, believe in your capacity to do it, that you can make it, no matter what your limitations are, as long as you believe that you can, as long as you TRY.

** Originally posted Tuesday, 13 February 2007 in Sports, Friendster blogs.

No comments: