Thursday, May 29, 2008

I don't know what came up to me, but i just felt that i needed to share what's going on in my mind and in my heart lately. I just feel SOOO BLESSED and i thought of counting my blessings my way of thanking the Lord for all that He has given me."I must have done something good", I thought. The problems I've had, the tears i have shed, and the pain(s) I've been through in the past, can't measure up to the greatness of God's graces. Some people may have made me believe that my marriage is a mistake and that it " wouldn't work" since Omar and I married young (and very much in love). The problems we've had (and will have in the future) as a couple are seen by some people as a reason not to stay together anymore. There was even one person who said, "What's not meant to be is not really meant to be" (very pessimistic indeed). But as I think about what she said, I realized that Omar and I married for all the right reasons. What more reason can one have to get married but when you're in love, right? =)
Omar and I have been together for 7 years already (and still counting...). We've had our share of ups and downs, heaven and hell, and maybe even purgatory. BUT WE'RE STILL VERY MUCH TOGETHER =). We may fight every day about petty things, but at the end of the day, he still can't stand not saying "i love you" to me. Yesterday, as we were having our 'bonding talk', I asked him, "What do you like about US?", and he answered, "The way we 'click' and US together". God is really on our side. He has never allowed us to drift emotionally from each other despite those times that our problems may have pushed us to the edge. Some elements may have tried to create a rift between us, but it has even made our relationship stronger. (my number 1 blessing and more to go!)
So still on with the counting...I have three adorable and beautiful kids, Amira, Miggy and Mavy (a.k.a. Lucky). They are so talented and so amazing that sometimes I can't help but ask, "Are you guys really MINE?" (*teehee*).









I have friends who are true and can be trusted, and who arestill standing by me all through the years! No politics, no jealousy, no insecurities. I feel a hundred times lucky to have them. Even if we're not together, the distance didn't make any difference. They are still the truest friends one can have. I salute you guys! You are God's gift to me. =) (Daphne, Khristin, Jaja, Annabelle, Amorille, B-Ann, Jamaika,...and the rest of the best!)* My family...they may not be perfect, but they love me and they are supportive of the things i do and they are indeed one part of me that I can't live without. The values I grew up with, my faith, my relationship with the Lord, the people who molded me into the person i am now (my Mom, my Mamang, my Mommy Gie and Daddy Ver, my Tita Babes and my Tito Tata)...are bonuses I want to thank God for. So for all the blessings received (coz there's more to thank for) and yet to be received, I thank you Lord for them.
To God be the Glory!
*space limited. =)

No comments: